Sex may permeate our popular culture, but conversations about it are still associated with stigma and shame in Indian homes. As a result, most people facing sexual health issues or trying to find information about sex often resort to unverified online sources or follow unscientific advice from their friends.
To combat widespread sex misinformation, News18.com publishes this weekly sex column every Friday, titled “Let’s Talk Sex”. We hope to start conversations about sex through this column and address sexual health issues with scientific insight and nuance.
The column is authored by sexologist Prof (Dr) Saransh Jain. In today’s column, Dr. Jain offers tips to help you bond better with your partner during Holi.
Holi is about having fun and playing with colors. And, it’s always a good idea to include some love and romance with delicious Holi candies. Festivals are the best time to bond with your partner and make them feel special. It is also a good time to solve your love problems because ‘Bura Na Mano Holi Hai’.
Here are seven ways to bond with your partner during Holi:
1. Get off to a good start: Start the day by waking up your partner with color on their face – or you can also add your own touch of romance to it. Be eco-friendly and only use plant-based and natural dyes. Mischief and romance can set the tone for a fun day.
2. Play good music: When you listen to music, your body releases dopamine, a hormone that is usually released during activities that give you pleasure, whether it’s sex or your favorite meal. Music also stimulates oxytocin, a hormone linked to positive and happy feelings. It is also known as the love hormone, as it plays a role in building empathy and trust. Music is therefore a powerful tool for social connection and bonding.
3. Host a Holi party: Organize a Holi party for your partner and invite their loved ones, friends and family. You can get the party started with some fun Bollywood music and dancing. A house party with your partner’s close friends and family, who will never get tired of remembering old Holi stories and what they used to do when they were kids, can make it a memorable Holi for your partner. .
4. Introduce your partner to your friends and family: Now that you have the chance to attend a Holi party with your partner, you need to introduce him to your friends. There is no fun in attending a Holi party or any party without your favorite group of people.
5. Take time: If you and your partner don’t like to play with colors, you can opt for a quiet celebration. You can take time off and go to a resort town for vacation. Or stay home and spend a lazy day or weekend watching shows and movies and ordering while curled up with your partner.
6. Plan surprise Holi for your partner: At the end of the day, rather than retreating to your bedroom and falling asleep, surprise your partner with a romantic surprise. Your partner may have been thinking the same thing, but you initiating it may be a major turning point for them. And what could be sexier than a quick makeup session?
7. Plan a romantic bath: When you’re done playing with colors, how about taking a bath together? This can be a cool way to turn up the heat!
If the color got into your private parts, you should gently wash it off with lukewarm water. Consult a qualified sex therapist or gynecologist if the itching, burning or irritation persists. We hope these tips will help you have fun with your partner. Have a safe and colorful Holi!
Read all the latest Ukraine-Russia war news, breaking news and live updates here.